Philanthropy at the Phillips Collection
The Phillips Collection’s Patrons and Circles members provide substantial, ongoing support to sustain our world-class collection, award-winning education programs and outreach, and engaging public programs. As leading advocates, Patrons and Circles members bolster the museum’s dedication to excellence and help ensure a strong and dynamic future for the Phillips.
In addition to unlimited admission to the museum and to our routinely sold-out events, many special opportunities are extended to our most committed supporters.
Patrons and Circles members contributing $2,000 or more enjoy:
- Invitations to exclusive preview receptions and curator-led tours of special exhibitions
- Invitation to an annual donor appreciation event hosted by The Phillips Collection Board of Trustees and the Vradenburg & CEO
- Eligibility for domestic and international travel opportunities with the Vradenburg Director, curators and other experts
- Unlimited free admission to special exhibitions and the permanent collection
- Reciprocal membership benefits at over 500 museums internationally
- One complimentary gift membership to share with a friend ($60 individual or $100 dual/family)
- 15% discount in the museum shop and 10% discount at the Vradenburg Café
- Recognition in the annual report
Patron Annual Contribution: $2,999-$4,999
The Director’s Circle sustains The Phillips Collection as an intimate, dynamic, and collaborative space for the arts, creating, as our founder Duncan Phillips wrote, “a beneficent force…a joy-giving, life-enhancing influence.”
The Director's Circle receives all the benefits listed above, plus:
- Convenes annually for a Director’s luncheon and lecture
- Gains access to the expertise and knowledge of curatorial, conservation, and senior staff through private/personalized group tours and one-on-one meetings
ANNUAL CONTRIBUTION: $5,000-$9,999
THE DIRECTOR’S CIRCLE IS ACKNOWLEDGED AS SUPPORTERS OF THE PHILLIPS’S EXPERIMENT STATION BLOG.
The Capitol Circle promotes and preserves the legacy of the Phillips as a vital part of the arts and cultural tapestry of the Nation’s Capitol.
The Capitol Circle receives all the benefits listed above, plus:
- Invitation to a special Capitol Circle reception hosted by The Phillips Collection
- Invitation to visit a top art collector in the Washington area
ANNUAL CONTRIBUTION: $10,000-$24,999
donors contributing $20,000 annually may opt to be recognized as part of the exhibition committee for the exhibition of their choice
THE CAPITOL CIRCLE IS ACKNOWLEDGED AS SUPPORTERS OF THE PHILLIPS’S ANNUAL JAZZ 'N FAMILIES FUN DAYS.
The Chairman’s Circle advises the Board of Trustees and its Chairman on defining new initiatives and programs that advance the strategic goals of the institution.
The Chairman's Circle receives all the benefits listed above, plus:
- Invitation to a special dinner hosted by the Chairman in the museum
- Invitation to attend the Annual Gala as guest of the Chairman
- Convenes once a year for a State-of-the-Museum address by the Chairman
ANNUAL CONTRIBUTION: $25,000+
DONORS CONTRIBUTING $50,000+ ANNUALLY MAY OPT TO BE NAMED SPONSORS OF AN EXHIBITION OF THEIR CHOICE
All benefits are subject to change.
For more information on sponsorship opportunities or about the Director's, Capitol, or Chairman's Circles, contact: